The sea, white sand, and water lapping at the ship hull… those are images and sensations we would like to have at home all year long. So, if you like this atmosphere, here are some tips and ideas which might help you to add a holiday touch to your interior decoration.
You wish to create a seaside atmosphere? Use natural colours and materials. Find some shades of blue from navy blue and blue-grey to blue-green. To adorn those blues, you can use tints of beige as well as sand, linen and whites.
For the materials, we use sea rush and natural fibres, string, wicker, driftwood or aged wood.
Striped patterns might also adorn your décor. However, be careful not to overload your room.
Wallpaper Great Wave and Acquario from Cole & Son (approx. 100€ and 190€ each roll).
Fishing Hut bedroom (Source)
- The aged wood head-board
3 DIY options:
- Find some aged wood and make yourself a head-board
- Buy a ready to use head-board (e.g. here)
- Use a trompe l’oeil by putting wallpaper or floors imitating aged wood (here)
We fall for:
- The yard lamps used as bedside lamps
- The straw hat collection becoming decorative items
- The blue-grey colours of the shelf matching the head-board;
- The wicker basket used as ceiling lamps.
A Ship Cabin Bedroom
- The ultra-simplified style of this bedroom where you really feel like you are in a ship cabin. Once again we can find the aged wood, the straw hat, the stripped patterns and the white colour.
The Wooden Room
To keep in mind:
- The wooden head-board with a high shelf to save place: aesthetic and practical.
Good ideas for a seaside atmosphere
1. Turn a barge into a sofa
2. Turn a pallet into a hanging seat
3. Use rope to hang your curtains
4. Create a room divider using a ship sail
5. Use your old oars to create a head-board
6. Build shelves for shells
Check here the seaside selection of MYDECOLAB!